From Iron Realms Nexus Client Documentation
The Iron Realms Nexus Client
Welcome to the official documentation wiki for the Iron Realms Nexus client: the world's best truly cross-platform MUD client!
Core Features include:
- Windowed output. Separate windows for main output, inventory, communication, graphical map, and more!
- Windows auto-resize based on browser window size.
- Highly customizable. You can get rid of windows or create new ones, move tabs from one window to another, resize windows, switch the entire client skin, change colors, fonts, and more. Go full-screen! Turn music off but keep sound effects on!
- Truly cross-platform. Nexus works on Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, and Android!
- Nexus will lay itself out intelligently depending on your device.
- For instance, on mobile it will default to a single column (rather than three as is the default on desktop), allowing you to swipe left/right to see the other columns.
- In order to assist with movement, there’s a compass in the mobile version letting you move around the world with the tap of your finger, vs bringing up the keyboard to type a direction.
- Cross-device functionality. Save a macro or trigger you’ve written in Nexus and it’ll be available for you no matter what device you log that character in with! Use your desktop triggers on your mobile device!
- Graphical UI elements include graphical character creation, health and mana bars, icons that light up when you have common afflictions, balance and equilibrium icons, and more.
- Two kinds of scripting – Simplified and Advanced.
- Simplified Scripting can be used by anyone without any coding knowledge at all.
- Easily create powerful keybindings/macros and aliases with no prior experience.
- Thorough documentation including videos, examples, and more, here on this site.
More Tutorial Videos
Our games can be confusing for new players at first. If you need help, you can ask right in the game on the newbie channel. Just type the command newbie, followed by your question.
For example: newbie Can someone help me?
Each of the games has people who are there specifically to help new players, so feel free to ask whatever you need to on the newbie channel. If those dedicated helpers aren't around, other players in the game will see any questions you enter here and will normally be more then happy to assist you.
If that doesn't work, you might try asking on the forums for that game (see below).
And of course, you can always look for the answer in our extensive HELP systems. Just type HELP to see the directory and instructions.
Need more help? Try asking on the forums.
You can also explore the individual game websites.